Thursday, January 22, 2009

I think I need a vacation!

I got Hunter into the pain clinic on Tuesday. The news is that there is nothing that can do for him right now. Dr. Mooney is setting up a care meeting with the other docotrs and then will go forward with the epidural. So for the next 3 weeks or longer, there is nothing we can do for Hunter's pain. Needless to say I am super thrilled about this! I do feel bad for Dr. Mooney though. He is trying so hard to figure out what to do for him and I think he is almost as frustrated as I am that there is nothing he can do. Hunter had his EEG today and it was a flaming disaster in that he will have to be sedated for any future EEG's. He was hitting, spitting, kicking and yelling die the whole time they were trying to get him hooked up. The tech was great and worked as fast as he could while a doctor and I were talking to him and holding him. We have a cardio appointment later today to try to figure out why his heart rate is half what it was before his last seizure. Genetics and eye doctor are next week, so we are very busy!

So on other news, I am flying out tonight to go home for 3 days. My dad is in the hospital and not doing real well. His heart is not working very well and his lungs are not doing well. I am excited to go home and be with them, but I am really really nervous to be leaving the kids at home. Rob is going to stay home tomorrow with Hunter and Karen one of our caregivers will be here on Saturday. Everything is going to be fine, I am just being a nervous mom again! I better get off and pack. I am a pro at procratinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment